We’ll start by introducing a few definitions that will help you understand this policy. When we say “we”, “us” and “mHub South Africa”, we’re referring to mHub South Africa, a South African limited liability company. We are a mental health organization that helps people achieve mental and emotional wellbeing. Through our state-of-the-art solutions, including employee wellbeing programs, counseling services, community wellness programs, and professional training and mentorship opportunities, we deliver high quality services and support you when, where and how you need it (the “Services”). When we say “you”, “Customer” or “Participant”, we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Services. We offer the Services on our website https://www.mhub-southafrica.org (the “Website”).
- We never sell, rent, share or barter your information, except to comply with law;
- We never ask you for personal information unless we truly need it;
- We only store personally identifiable information when required for the ongoing operation and provision of our services; and
- We never process credit card transactions directly, nor do we store your credit card information.
Collection of Information
Information you provide
When you use the Services, use our “Contact us” form, subscribe to our newsletter, send us an inquiry, send us an email, comment on our blog, or communicate with us in any way, you give us information that we collect. We may collect, among others, basic user information such as your name, physical address, email address, phone number and home institution, as well as details like gender, birth date and other demographic information.
Information we collect from your use of the Services
We may get information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you, including but not limited to the following:
- Device information: We may collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use information: We may collect information about how you use our Services, including your access times, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. We may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server and administer the site – monitoring visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the Website further. Please note that we do not store any individual data from our cookies; we simply use the information to understand user trends.
Information we collect from other services
We may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, third-party verification services, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We may use information about you to provide, maintain and improve our Services, evaluate applications for Services, and deliver the information to support your request.
We may use information about you to bill and collect money owed to us, including sending you and your associated contacts emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency.
We may also use information about you to personalize the Services we offer. As an example, if we know which institution you attend or work at, we may use that information to determine if you are eligible for additional discounts offered only to participants from that institution.
We may use information we collect from you to send news and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions we offer. You may always opt out of these communications by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
We may also use information about you to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; to verify your identity; to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you – both domestically and abroad at the destination(s) of your selected program – as follows:
- With your identified contacts, in order to provide, maintain and improve our Services, as well as to bill or collect a debt associated with those Services;
- With third parties to provide, maintain and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, such as booking, verification or payment services – purely for operational purposes and not for marketing purposes;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to enforce applicable agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, our sellers, end users, or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
Public information and third parties
Information shared in public forums is just that – public. Keep the following in mind when utilizing our site to share information within public forums:
- We have public blogs on our Website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us. If we’re unable to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
- Our Website includes social media features, like the Facebook ‘Like’ button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party or directly on our site. We also maintain presences on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or YouTube. Any information, communications or materials you submit to us via a social media platform or a travel/education platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
We are committed to the protection of your data. We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards, to help protect the information we collect from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We work with third party service providers such as 1&1, WordPress.org, Antispam Bee, PayPal, Mailchimp or Microsoft to host our Websites, services and software in secure production environments that use firewalls and other technology to reasonably prevent access from outside intruders. Please refer to these third party service providers’ privacy policies for further information about their own data protection policies, environments and activities.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies. However, please note that our Services may not function properly if you do.
If you wish to update or amend the information which we may hold about you or wish us to cease using your data, please contact us at email@example.com. You have a right under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to access the information we may hold about you, subject to certain conditions. If you wish to make an application to access this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When it comes to email communication that you may receive from us, you may always opt out of promotional emails by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email. We may still send you non-promotional communications for administrative or operational purposes, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations, as well as emergency communications regarding our programs abroad.
mHub South Africa
16 D’Urban Place
Kalmen Way, Kenridge, Bellville, 7535
Cape Town, South Africa